Monday, 2 June 2014

Handbook of life - a few more tips...

1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
3. Don't overdo it. Keep your limits.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
6. Dream more while you are awake.
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more.
14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Hilda
A Moodscope member.

15 comments:

  1. Hatred is as ' natural ' as Love - perhaps it would help to say RECOGNISE hatred
    in oneself, and even if it takes a bit of time... try to make sense of ones feelings in
    a positive way ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Diana. Good point.But thank you Hilda for the help today

      Delete
    2. I don't agree that hatred is as natural as love. Hatred is the most destructive emotion and damages the person who feels it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Hilda. I'm going to print this and pin it on my corkboard. It's my daily advice to myself - but sometimes it slips my mind! A good model for a good life and achievable with practice (with allowance made for some backsliding too...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana is right. This is just woolly positive thinking. So-called 'negative' feelings are just as valid and need to be acknowledged and validated.
    "Don't have negative thoughts" - what? "Don't have things you cannot control"? - if you have a way of eliminating these you can rule the world....
    Please think a bit harder about what you really want to say, to make it more helpful to other people. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it was all this easy then there would be no lists like this!
    And I always wish that these things would start with "this is what worked for me, but hey, make up your own mind".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep things simple. Live in the moment - it is all you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Hilda's list is a valuable starting point. There was no need to point out the obvious ie we will all have days where we can't achieve these aims. Obviously its not easy to forget the past but worked in conjunction with other moodscopers, medication,professional helpers ,family & friends its a fantastic goal to aim for. Thanks Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Hilda's list is a starting point, a framework for a way of being to aspire to. Hatred is a very strong and self-destructive emotion - it perhaps would be helpful to self-examine why one is feeling hate, the root of it - which may not be connected to the target, I including self-hate. We all have negative feelings, dwelling on them is self-perpetuating.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the list Hilda - I love it when a list becomes a catalyst (catalist - neologism?) I popped something on facebook today in response to another friend's post. It seems relevant here too:
    "I find that the mind is not an obedient servant. Whatever gets my attention, gets me! So to command it to stop thinking about something is 100% guarateed to keep my attention on whatever I'm trying to avoid. In fact, what I resist persists. Solution? 1) I will interfere with the thoughts by challenging their truth or exaggerating them to the point of being ridiculous, and 2) I will bypass them by directing my mind along another course - usually one I know is a pleasurable path of least resistance."
    I think, if I could achieve this on a consistent basis, I may not rule the World, but I could help a lot of its Citizens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mind is not an obedient servant. I like that Lex.

      Delete
  8. Wise words although taking them on board and living by them is something not to be taken lightly. Makes you think though.............

    ReplyDelete