Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Attention please

Have you noticed that you don't perhaps always take notice? It could be that you're a great deal more observant than I am, but I can often catch myself not seeing something that's staring me right in the face, and taking notice of what's around you is a fantastic way to give your wellbeing a shot in the arm.

Last weekend I travelled back from London on the train, only to discover (just as I was getting off, having spent nearly an hour on it) that a friend, Chris, was sitting in the very same carriage as me. If only we'd had our wits about us we could have passed the time chatting rather than staring out of the window. Instead we boarded the train, as we both do a lot, and just didn't really look around. It made me think, and made me aware that it's all too easy to go around with your eyes cast down, not noticing the world around you, and not savouring the moment. Look up and things may, well, look up.