Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Appiness

One of the two questions I'm most often asked is 'If you're not actually a Jonathan, why do you spell your first name without an 'h'?', and those who raise it do have a point. As my birth certificate will confirm, I entered the world as a John. But then at some time in my teens I decided that Jon just felt more artistic than John (pretentious, moi?) so I ditched the third letter and became the fellow I am today.

That was easy. But what's the other question?

Well quite simply, it's 'When is there going to be a Moodscope smartphone app Jon?', and that one is harder to handle.

In our recent survey, over whose results we're still mulling, rather a lot of people expressed a desire for a Moodscope app, and I can't tell you how keen we are to get one developed. In fact the only thing standing in our way is a lack of resource, but rest assured that we'll be on the case the minute we can.

In the meantime, though, you can of course access Moodscope on your tablet computer or smartphone whenever you're connected to wi-fi, and this has been recognised by the UK's National Health Service (NHS) who are today launching a useful Health Apps Library, that I'm proud to say includes Moodscope.

As you've already embraced the idea of tracking your mood using digital technology, I think you'll find other interesting apps in the library at:

http://apps.nhs.uk/

I like the fact that the site encourages people to leave feedback on apps, and if you have the time and the inclination, I'm sure it would indeed be helpful if you'd care to let the world know what you think about Moodscope (and please do be honest). Here's a direct link to 'our' page:

http://apps.nhs.uk/app/moodscope/

While we're on the subject (technology, not name-changing) I'm headed to the Healthcare Innovation Expo in London today, from which I plan to report back in the near future, which I know sounds as though I'm about to board a time machine, and I suppose in some ways I am.

Beam me up, Scotty.